Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday Freebie! Top Ten Songs That Remind Me Of Books I've Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, we'll make a list of our top ten something* and this week, it's a Top Ten Tuesday Freebie! We can choose whatever topic we would like. I wanted to be a little different, so for this week and I've chosen the Top Ten Songs That Remind Me Of Books I've Read. 
I usually listen to my iPod when reading to drown out background noise or something, and funnily enough, it really helps me focus, so sometimes the songs I listen to while reading always remind of that book. Other times, the lyrics and music just make me think of books I've read.
*In no particular order.

1. Fireflies - Owl City
This song is amazing and I loved it when it was first released. At the time, I was reading the Vampire Academy series for the first time and this song was on repeat on my iPod the whole time I was reading Frostbite. It never fails to make me think of that book. 
2. Hear Me - Imagine Dragons
I had this song on repeat when reading A Walk to Remember and it's so uncanny the way the lyrics match the story... I love this song!
3. Blinding - Florence + The Machine
I listened to this song a lot when reading Silence and Finale of the Hush, Hush sequence. The song was actually a part of the playlist for this series. It's a fantastic song to read to.
4. Hero/Heroine - Boys Like Girls
I loved this song so much and for some reason, it always makes me think of Harry Potter...
Not exactly sure why.
5. Feel So Close - Calvin Harris
This song always makes me think of The Vampire Diaries. More the show than the books, but who cares. Something about the music...
6. No Heroes Allowed - Mayday Parade
The Hunger Games. These lyrics just really match the story (from Peeta's POV) and I don't know, they just really do something for me. Seriously, look this song up on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.
7. Only If For A Night - Florence + The Machine
This song never fails to makes me think of the Evernight series by Claudia Gray. I think because I always listened to this song while I was reading those books and the lyrics match up with the story line a little... kind of. 
8. Hurricane - Panic! At The Disco
This song just makes me think of the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. It's not so much that the lyrics match the story, though I suppose some lines can be compared to Daniel and Lucinda's relationship if you listen closely to the lyrics. Fallen fans, you'll see what I mean when you listen to it. ;)

Okay, that's all I can think of right now. I'm sure when I go to bed tonight, I'll be thinking to myself 'you're an idiot Melissa, you should have put this song on your list, dumb-ass.' Anyway, as always, leave me links to your TTT lists, I'm really interested in seeing what lists everyone chose for today! Thanks guys. :-)

10 comments:

  1. I love that you've combined books and music. My two favourite things. Great list! Mine is on British authors I've read so far this year: http://chrissireads.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/top-ten-british-reads-that-ive-read-this-year/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fireflies, too! Actually, a lot of Adam's songs remind me of novels. One of my favourites that does so is Vanilla Twilight. Wonderful list this week :) I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much!! I agree completely. He does have some very genuine songs. :)

      Delete
  3. Great list! I am a huge Imagine Dragons fan so I'm glad you included them!
    What a fun topic!
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, anytime. Thanks! I love them too. :)

      Delete
  4. What a fun topic! I can't listen to music while I read -- too distracting -- but I love that the books/music combo works for you. Oh, and I love Owl City. I find their sound really soothing, but upbeat too.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Fair enough, some people can't read and listen to music at the same time, and some can. We all have our preferences. Thanks again, Happy TTT to you too! :)

      Delete
  5. Music always reminds me of books. There are whole albums that just whizz me straight back into particular books and remind me of every detail. I love it. Brilliant topic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie! I know exactly what you mean. :)

      Delete