Sunday, June 16, 2013

Review: Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Title: Forgotten
Author: Cat Patrick
Publisher: Hardie Grant Egmont
Year of Release: 2011
ISBN: 9781921690624
Source: Purchased
Number of Pages: 280 (this edition)

Summary:
I remember forwards. I remember forwards, and forget backwards. My memories, bad, boring,, or good, haven't happened yet. So I will remember standing in the fresh-cut grass with the black-clad figures surrounded by stone until I do it for real. I will remember the funeral until it happens - until someone dies. And after that, it will be forgotten.
Here's the thing about me: 
I can see my future, but my past is blank.
I can see the future in flashes, like memories. I remember what I'll wear tomorrow, and a car crash that won't happen till this afternoon. But yesterday has evaporated from my mind - just like the boy I love. I can't see him in my future. I can't remember him from my past. But today, I love him. And I never want to forget how much.

This is a short, fast-paced novel that is so easy to read, it's just the absolute perfect book to spend a lazy weekend with and get you back into the reading zone after you've been out of it for a while, which is exactly what I've done. This is the second time I've read this book, but I read it for the first time a few years ago, and I sort of just felt like reading it again. Here we go! 
I'm not exactly sure what made me want to read this book for the first time in the first place, it might have been the gorgeous cover or the interesting topic, but for some reason, I felt compelled to read it and I'm really glad I did. 
What I liked most about this book is the fun, light-hearted way it was written. Despite the intenseness of the topic, it's a great book to brighten your mood and it keeps you interested all the way through. It's original, fresh, smart and fast-paced which makes for the perfect book for a cold winter weekend or just to spend a few hours with. 
Luke is just the absolute perfect boyfriend, the first date he arranged for London was beautiful and so so cute that I wanted to be there myself! 
However, I kind of wished there was a little more attention to detail in the story and that the chapters were a little longer and more organised, because I found myself getting lost and confused a few times, but other than that, the book was great. 
Get your Imagine Dragons and Ed Sheeran music ready, they are the perfect artists to listen to and keep you in your little Forgotten- induced trance. 
Thanks for reading, guys! Hopefully I can get a few more good (and longer) reviews in for you in the weeks to come!
Rating:
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment