Friday, November 09, 2012

Review: Balthazar by Claudia Gray


Title: Balthazar
Author: Claudia Gray
Publisher: HarperCollinsPublishers
Year of Release: 2012
ISBN: 978 0 7322 9208 9 (pbk.)
Source: Purchased
Number of Pages: 374
For hundreds of years, the vampire Balthazar has been alone without allies, without love.
When Balthazar agrees to help Skye Tierney, a human girl who once attended Evernight Academy, he has no idea how dangerous it will be. Skye's newfound psychic powers have caught the attention of Redgrave, the cruel, seductive master vampire responsible for murdering Balthazar and his family four centuries ago. Now Redgrave plans to use Skye's powers for his own evil purposes.
Balthazar will do whatever it takes to stop Redgrave and exact his long-awaited revenge against his killer. As Skye and Balthazar stand together to fight him, they grow closer- first unwillingly, then undeniably. Balthazar realises his lonely world could finally be changed by her...
In a story filled with formidable love and dark suspense, one of the most beloved characters in Claudia Gray's New York Times bestselling Evernight series will captivate readers with his battle to overcome his past and follow his heart.
Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined Balty and Skye to get together. Skye was a very small character in the last series. In Afterlife, the wraith Bianca possesses a willing Skye in an attempt to escape a certain death trap. This provoked a connection between Skye and the world of the dead and since then, she has been experiencing vivid visions of previous deaths, no matter how long ago, when she comes across the place where that person died. Her sex/anatomy classroom at school? The janitor suffered a heart attack in that room and she experiences it each time she steps inside, forcing her to transfer out of that class. But these visions are only the beginning. They define Skye and now that the word is out, every vampire in the world will be out for her blood. Especially Redgrave, who will stop at nothing to collect and make Skye his forever. 
I liked this book. It wasn't as good as when the story featured Bianca and Lucas as the main characters, but it was enjoyable just the same. Good old Balty was one of my absolute fave characters so it was incredible to have him as a main focus. As Skye and Balthazar fell more and more in love, I fell more and more in love with the book! Though it was kind of predictable what would happen, I enjoyed reading it all the same. 
I highly recommend this book if you're a fan of the Evernight series and loved Balthazar as much as I did. 
Guys, I'm sorry I haven't been posting as much lately, I've been really busy with school and with exams coming up soon, I won't have as much time to read as I usually do. So bear with me and I promise to give you a truck load of reviews when I finally get around to reading the millions of books stacked up in my closet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment