Friday, September 23, 2011

Review: Girl Saves Boy by Steph Bowe

The book tells the story of a young girl Jewel Valentine and the boy she saves from drowning in a lake, Sacha Thomas. The story goes back and forth between the two character's points of views and, I must say, is beautifully written.When the two meet, Sacha is suffering from terminal cancer and Jewel is still coping with the death of her brother. Both characters are having a tough time at home and can relate to each other in certain ways. The story is both witty and charming and had me eagerly turning pages until I reached the end. Along with lovable characters and a great plot, this book is one of the best I have read in a while. Girl Saves Boy was a touching story and I recommend it highly to those who have not already read it.
Rating: 8/10
Click on the link to see Steph Bowe's online blog 'Hey Teenager!' http://heyteenager.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment